Saturday, January 7, 2012

Lovely Summer!

During November I was preparing my other horse for the Adelaide International 3DE so Crafty had some well deserved time off. He has come back in to work at the end of December and is going better than ever so this should be a good year to consolidate everything and for him to become a 'proper' horse not just a 'breaker'. We have been having weekly dressage lessons and the improvement in the last month has been significant, just getting a better connection. I have also jumped him a few times and he is feeling great; been very exuberant over his fences and as always not wanting to touch a pole! I think he has grown and is overall looking more mature, as of next week he will have been under saddle for a year so he has done well, it will be interesting to see how he looks after another 12months of competitions. So the plan this summer is to have as many outings as we can and keep going with regular dressage and SJ lessons likewise I would like to continue with regular xc training. So Mr Crafty is a very happy horse and I look forward to 2012 with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment